Commencing within the Volunteering Department, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Onboarding volunteer starters and leavers administration process
- Loading data files to personnel records in Better Impact (Volunteer Management System)
- Answering the telephone and making calls to volunteers organising interviews
- Capturing minutes for volunteer forum or relevant meetings
- Other administrative support, including data entry of spreadsheets, and scanning of documents.
Working within the Retail, Marketing and Fundraising Departments, responsibilities will include:
- Proof-reading of core marketing literature and in-house design
- Social media administration, including writing and replying to posts
- Donor stewardship and donations processing (including working proactively with the fundraising team to develop donor mailing lists, reports, updates and responding to queries)
- Being instrumental in ensuring all donors have an excellent donor experience (this includes providing a friendly and efficient welcome & administrative process for any supporters and donors who come into the hospice in person with donations
- Ensuring all donations are acknowledged in a personal and timely manner, so donors feel recognised and valued)
- Gift Aid administration, including producing Gift Aid claims, both from the database and manually from sponsor forms
- Providing administrative support for the Dispensary website, ensuring a professional-looking and fully functioning site.
There is a possibility of shaping the role to maximise the strengths and development of the post-holder so additional duties or small projects relevant at the time of the placement will be discussed and agreed upon.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with good communication skills and IT skills, attention to detail, organisation skills, problem solving skills and analytical skills. You should also be non-judgemental, with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task, with a good understanding of confidentiality regulations.
We would ideally like someone who holds GCSE or equivalent English & Maths at a minimum of Grade 4 / C, however this is not essential.
Training and Qualifications that will be achieved:
- Level 3 Business Administration (Standard)
- Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (Level 2)
- Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 2)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. If you need any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact us on email@example.com.Apply Now
|Working hours||30 hours per week Monday to Thursday|
|Contract type||Fixed-term - 18 months|
|Closing date||27th November 2022|