Acting as the 'face' of the hospice in the community. You will work side by side with your Retail Manager, colleagues and volunteers to create and maintain a day to day working environment that is warm, supportive and friendly and in line with the Trust's values.
Ensuring that the shop is well stocked, priced, clean and tidy to give customers a fantastic first impression when visiting and encouraging repeat purchasers.
Developing, maintaining and nurturing sustainable key working relationships with customers, fellow employees and volunteers.
Who are we looking for?
Whether you have a commercial or charity retail background, as long as you are committed to supporting local people through the Hospice and have the enthusiasm, energy and the drive to ensure our customers and donors receive a great customer experience, we are interested in hearing from you!
Here are some of the role’s key responsibilities:
- Ensure the shop is well stocked and profitable at all times
- Researching and pricing of all donations
- Actively promote and manage the Gift Aid sign-ups in the shops
- Work with volunteer to ensure the smooth running of the shop and maintain the rotas to ensure that the shop is consistently adequately staffed
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times, ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to
Our ideal Retail Assistant Manager will have:
- Excellent customer service skills, be friendly and organised
- Experience of reconciliation of cash takings and stock control
- Aptitude to merchandise the shop floor to maximise sales creatively and achieve income targets
- Self-motivated and resilient with a positive and proactive outlook
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. If you need any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Melissa Lewis, Area Retail Manager: email@example.com We will shortlist and interview candidates as applications are received.Apply Now
|Salary||£19,365 pa FTE – £11,619 pa actual|
|Working hours||Part time 22.5 hours per week (worked between Monday – Sunday on a rota basis)|