Community Clinical Nurse Specialist
Would you like to share your specialist palliative care skills and expertise with us?Apply Now
Who we are looking for
A great opportunity has arisen within our well established, specialist community team for a self motivated, caring, kind and experienced registered nurse to join us.
The St Peter & St James Hospice specialist team provides care for people with complex symptom management arising from life limiting illnesses. The care is provided within the home setting and also includes phone support for carers of the individual.
We are looking for a kind and caring nurse who is both excellent at communicating and has good assessment/prioritisation skills. The nature of the role means it is important to understand the needs of those receiving palliative or end of life care.
As our Community Clinical Nurse Specialist you will be working autonomously, managing a caseload of patients with specialist palliative care and end of life care needs in the community. You will need to be able to assess the referrals appropriateness and urgency and be able to identify nursing best practice developments, that will support the clinical team.
The role is ideally suited to someone with both community experience and clinical palliative care knowledge.
- Salary Band 7
- Plus enhancements for working out of hours – nights, weekends, Bank Holidays
- A variety of hours and shift patterns available
- Working within the community so own transport essential
- Enhanced with Barred DBS
What do we provide?
Some of the great benefits of working with us include:
- Full induction and ongoing training opportunities
- Performance related pay progression
- Access to self-development courses such as Growth Mindset, Resilience, Dealing with stressful situations etc.
- 35 days holiday (27 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Enhanced maternity/adoption pay
- Free BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests and special prescription allowance for screen users
- Generous Pension 5% employer, 3% employee pension – (Option to transfer NHS Pension subject to pension rules)
- Company sick pay scheme – Well-being is at the heart of everything we do, and it starts with ensuring your own
- Peer recognition GEM (Go the Extra Mile)
- Long service awards
- 20% Staff discount in our charity shops
- Free tea and coffee
- Subsidised meals if working in the hospice building
- Free onsite car parking (hospice and distribution sites only)
How to apply
If you have any questions about the vacancy please speak to Louise McIntyre, Head of Nursing (email@example.com).
We will be shortlisting and interviewing as applications come in, so the advert may close at any time.