Healthcare Assistant (Nights, IPU)
We are looking for dedicated healthcare assistants to join our In Patient Unit.Apply now
Who are we looking for?
At St Peter & St James Hospice we believe patients should have the best possible quality of life when suffering from life limiting illnesses.
Our inpatient unit currently has a vacancy for a caring and compassionate Healthcare Assistant to join the nursing team.
We will provide full training so it is a great opportunity to learn something new. Our ideal candidate will have:
– Excellent communication skills and an empathetic approach.
– Experience of working in a team but confidence to work independently, and unsupervised.
– Some experience of delivering hands on care, preferably on a ward, in the community or care home setting would be an advantage.
This is a great way to work around your personal commitments whilst having the opportunity to develop and learn new skills
- Part time (33hrs) – option to job share
- A combination of 3 nights shifts per week Monday to Sunday
- Salary Band 2 (Band 2 FTE £19,365 – £20,046 pa)
- Enhanced pay for working unsociable hours – weekends and bank holidays
- Hospice located in North Chailey
- DBS Enhanced and Barred
What do we provide?
Some of the great benefits of working with us include:
- Full induction and ongoing training opportunities
- Performance related pay progression
- Access to self-development courses such as Growth Mindset, Resilience, Dealing with stressful situations etc.
- 35 days holiday (27 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Enhanced maternity/adoption pay
- Free BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests and special prescription allowance for screen users
- Generous Pension 5% employer, 3% employee pension – (Option to transfer NHS Pension subject to pension rules)
- Company sick pay scheme – Well-being is at the heart of everything we do, and it starts with ensuring your own
- Peer recognition GEM (Go the Extra Mile)
- Long service awards
- 20% Staff discount in our charity shops
- Free tea and coffee
- Subsidised meals if working in the hospice building
- Free onsite car parking (hospice and distribution sites only)
How to apply
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Alice Thomas, IPU Ward Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will shortlist and interview candidates as applications are received, and as such this vacancy may close at any time.