Donate your items to generate income for hospice care
Did you know that your donated items help the retail team at St Peter & St James Hospice’s to generate 30% of the charity’s income? Your support means we can provide expert care to those with life-limiting illnesses and their carers, family and friends across Mid Sussex.
There are three ways to donate items to St Peter & St James Hospice:
You can drop off your donations directly to the Distribution Centre in Hurstpierpoint.
Parking is available.
We are open to accept your donations Monday to Friday, 10am to 12pm.
Our Distribution Centre address is:
St Peter & St James Hospice Distribution Centre
We have a number of clothing banks located across Mid Sussex:
- Christ’s Hospital School, Horsham
- Cumnor House Sussex, Haywards Heath
- Cyprus Road car park, Burgess Hill
- Ditchling Pavilion Sports Club, Ditchling
- Hurstpierpoint College, Hurstpierpoint
- St Peter & St James Hospice, North Chailey
- St Peter & St James Hospice Shop, Lindfield
- Wivelsfield Village Hall, Wivelsfield
If you have a piece of furniture, or white goods, that you would like to donate to St Peter & St James Hospice but are unable to transport it yourself we can arrange to collect it for free!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a furniture collection and include:
- Photographs of the item(s) that you would like to be collected in your email
- The address where the items will be collected from
- Your name and phone number
Bookings are monitored from Monday to Friday and we endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. Please be aware that in order to collect your item, our team must feel confident that Covid-19 social distancing and relevant safety measures can be met.
Note that our collection service is for furniture and large goods only. If you wish to donate other items, please visit our distribution centre or our clothing bank locations
What would we like to receive?
Things we'd love to receive
- Clothing and accessories
- White goods
- Clean items that are in a saleable condition
- Any of your pre-loved indoor or outdoor furniture
- Antique or vintage items (items made after 1988 must carry a fire label)
Things we can't accept
While we appreciate your generosity, we hope you understand that rules, regulations and quality standards mean there are some items we will not be able to accept.
Some examples of items we cannot accept:
- Bedding, mattresses, bed frames and baby cots.
- Crash helmets, potties, high chairs, car seats and safety gates
- Knives and guns
For the full list of items that we cannot accept, please click the link below:
When you make a donation to us, whether that’s a direct financial gift or a donation of items for us to sell in our charity shops, we’re able to claim back the tax that you have paid on the donation. As a charity, we don’t pay tax on most types of income, which is why the tax paid on donations we receive can be claimed back. St Peter & St James Hospice can claim 25p for every £1 that you donate if you are signed up to Gift Aid.