Restore Shed Therapy Volunteer
In this new role, help to establish and participate in a program of practical craft activities for participants at the Living Well Centre.
What are we looking for?
The Living Well Centre (LWC) is a therapeutic service offered by St Peter & St James Hospice to patients, carers and families. We aim to encourage and enable participants to live their lives to their full potential. LWC offers a range of activities to support the emotional, spiritual and social needs of those who attend.
What will I be doing?
- Establishing Restore Shed Program – helping set up, establish and participate in a new program with team lead
- Restore Shed Logistics setting up, clearing and cleaning away
- Restore Shed Activity including a variety of practical activities such as sanding/painting/varnishing/finishing
- Visitor Activity Assistance Participation in restore shed sessions enabling visitors with a rehabilitative approach working with them towards achieving their goals
What do we provide?
For this role we provide:
- Induction training
- Other appropriate training
- You will be provided with a St Peter & St James Hospice email address
- Training in Google Suite
- You will be required to undertake mandatory training before beginning your volunteer role.
- 20% off in all St Peter & St James Hospice Charity Shops
St Peter & St James Hospice has a large community of volunteers who we really value and love to hear from. We regularly hold volunteer forums and try to organise get togethers when possible.
How to apply
Please click the button below to apply for this role.